Rate limit / extra credits for test

Hi Photoroom team,

I’m hitting repeated 429 (rate limit) errors while calling the Image Editing API v2 (Plus plan), even after backing off with increasing delays between requests.

I’d like to understand whether this is a credit/quota limit on my account or a rate-limit unrelated to quota, and whether I could get a few extra credits to finish validating my integration before running it on my full catalog (~2000 product images).

Details:

  • Endpoint: POST https://image-api.photoroom.com/v2/edit
  • Parameters used: shadow.mode=ai.auto-with-overrides, shadow.intensityOverride=0.3, shadow.softnessOverride=0.7, background.color=F2F2F2, outputSize=<square, based on source resolution>, padding=0.15, export.format=png
  • Behavior: the first request succeeds, then subsequent requests return 429 even with 15s/30s/45s backoff between retries
  • This started after processing roughly 1-2 images in a batch run

Minimal reproducible call (Python/requests):

```python
import requests

headers = {
“x-api-key”: “YOUR_API_KEY”,
“pr-ai-shadows-model-version”: “2026-04-15”,
}
files = {“imageFile”: (“image.jpg”, open(“input.jpg”, “rb”))}
data = {
“shadow.mode”: “ai.auto-with-overrides”,
“shadow.intensityOverride”: “0.3”,
“shadow.softnessOverride”: “0.7”,
“background.color”: “F2F2F2”,
“outputSize”: “1200x1200”,
“padding”: “0.15”,
“export.format”: “png”,
}
resp = requests.post(“https://image-api.photoroom.com/v2/edit”, headers=headers, files=files, data=data, timeout=90)
print(resp.status_code, resp.text[:300])
```

Thanks a lot for your help